Filed under: About Craig Ranch, About McKinney TX, Education, Low Maintenance Living, Outdoor Tips. Tagged as: Allen ISD, allen tx homes for sale, beazer homes, Best Places to Live, better homes and gardens, City of McKinney, commercial development, commercial real estate development, condos for sale, corporate district development, craig ranch mckinney tx, Golf Community, home builders in mckinney tx, home builders mckinney tx, homes for sale, K. Hovnanian Homes, new homes in mckinney, townhomes for sale, TPC Cra.
Spring time is a great time to start a Family Fitness plan at your new home near Frisco, TX. The warm, inviting weather encourages families to get outside and get moving. Remember to start with small goals and work up to a more advanced or intensive plan. Neither you nor your family will be able to, or want to, run 5 miles on the first day of your fitness plan. As you reach your goals, remember to reward yourself and your family for your hard work and perseverance. Here are 5 suggestions from Craig Ranch to involve the whole family, including kids, parents and grandparents, to stay fit and enjoy your community. Share your best family fitness tips with us on Facebook.
1. Go for an adventure. Take a walk with the family along one the many walkways, trails, greenways or parks at Craig Ranch. If you have small kids with you, turn the walk into a game or educational opportunity. If you have older kids, you can pick up pedometers and see who can walk the farthest in a week and turn walking into a friendly fitness competition. Adults will also enjoy just being outside in the beauty of the trails near your new home near Frisco, TX.
2. Just because it’s raining outside doesn’t mean you cannot stay fit at home. If you have a Wii gaming system, then pick up the Wii Fitness board or other fitness themed games. This interactive gaming system allows players to play all sorts of games including baseball, tennis, and bowling. Some games for the Wii also allow you to practice yoga and set up a fitness schedule. Designate a family fun night for Wii fitness and enjoy family bonding with added benefits at your new home near Frisco, TX.
3. Challenge your family to a friendly competition. If you and your kids have a competitive nature, then stop by the Craig Ranch soccer fields, the Beach at Craig Ranch, or Craig Ranch ball fields for a pick-up game of soccer, softball, baseball, volleyball, or tennis. Sports are a great family fitness activity.
4. Designate a family fitness night. If you have a membership at the Cooper Fitness Center, families can play tennis, basketball, or volleyball together, swim in the pool, or jog on the indoor track. Kids can also play at the Kids Club or climb on the climbing wall. Adults can train on the cardiovascular or strength training equipment and set personal fitness goals.
5. Families can also take a class together. The Cooper Fitness Center offers Pilates, yoga, and other group exercise classes. If you take a class, keep in mind the age appropriateness of the class. You can also sign up for other classes like dance or martial arts, depending on your family’s interests.