Filed under: About McKinney TX, Amenities, Craig Ranch News, Frisco, Holiday Tips, Outdoor Tips, Seasonal Tips, Special Events, Things to Do. Tagged as: About Craig Ranch, Allen Event Center, Arbor Hills Nature Preserve, Beastro, Collin County History Museum, condos for sale, Cooper Fitness Center, Cooper Fitness Summer Programs, craig ranch, craig ranch mckinney tx, Craig Ranch parks, Creature Features, Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens, Dallas World Aquarium, Dallas Zoo, Dr. Pepper Ballpark, Dr. Pepper Star Center, Dr. Pepper Star Center in Craig Ranch, Fort Worth Water Gardens, Fort Worth Zoo, Golf Community, Hawaiian Falls Water Park, Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary, Heard-Craig Center for the Arts, Heritage Farmstead Museum, home builders in mckinney tx, home builders mckinney tx, homes for sale, homes for sale allen texas, homes for sale frisco, homes for sale frisco tx, homes for sale in dallas, homes for sale in plano tx, homes for sale plano texas, Hydrous Wakeboard Park, Koalas in Texas, Low Maintenance Living, master planned community in mckinney tx, master planned golf community, McKinney Repertory Theatre, mckinney tx, mckinney tx special events, Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast, new homes in mckinney, NRH2O, NRH2O dive in movie night, Outdoor Tips, Plano Tx, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, Six Flags Over Texas, SOAR Festival of Flight, Special Events, summer camps 2012, summer camps in DFW, summer season passes, Texas Sculpture Garden, Things to Do, TopGolf, TPC Craig Ranch.
The school year is winding down and it’s about time to start making plans for summer actives. The Craig Ranch community is located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex, allowing for endless opportunities for convenient, family-friendly, summer adventures.
Here’s a list of the top 20 summer attractions near Craig Ranch:
1. Cooper Fitness Summer Programs – Cooper Fitness Center, located within the Craig Ranch community, offers summer programs for kids ranging from sports clinics, to cooking classes, to summer camps. Sign your kids up today!
2. Hawaiian Falls Water Park, NRH2O, and Six Flags Hurricane Harbor – Hawaiian Falls is located in The Colony, Texas, just a short drive from Craig Ranch, and offers summer camps, season passes and so much more. NRH20, a fun, family water park in Dallas-Forth Worth, offers unique attractions like cabana rentals and dive-in movie nights. Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, in Arlington, Texas, is one of the largest water parks in the DFW Metroplex- you can’t go wrong with a season pass if your family loves the water!
3. Craig Ranch Parks – With so many parks to choose from right in the Craig Ranch community, plan a day of fun with picnics, relay races and all of your family’s favorite outdoor activities!
4. Six Flags Over Texas – From roller-coasters, to concerts, to food and shopping, to your favorite Looney Tunes characters, there’s too much fun to be had at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, Texas. Don’t miss the new Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast that is new for summer 2012!
5. Heritage Farmstead Museum – This family friendly museum, located in Plano, Texas, is dedicated to preserving the living history of the Texas black-land prairie region in North Texas. Register for their spring and summer events now!
6. Arbor Hills Nature Preserve – This 200-acre park in Plano, Texas features vast areas of natural beauty for walking, jogging, hiking and other outdoor activities.
7. Dr. Pepper Ballpark – The Dr. Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas is home of the minor league baseball dream team, the Frisco RoughRiders!
9. Texas Sculpture Garden – At the Texas Sculpture Garden in Frisco, Texas, you’re able to see the largest private collection of contemporary Texas sculptures available to the public.
10. TopGolf – TopGolf in Allen, Texas is the go-to place for golf pros, amateurs and fans looking for the total golf entertainment experience.
11. Allen Event Center – No matter what kind of fun you and your family are looking for, Allen Event Center has a little bit of it all. It is the happening place in Allen, Texas for concerts, sporting events and community events.
12. Hydrous Wakeboard Park – If high-speed, water adventure is your kind of fun, Hydrous Wakeboard Park in Allen, Texas is a must. It is said to be one of the best wakeboard parks in the nation!
13. Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens – With everything from special exhibits, to concert nights, to classes, to shopping and dining, the Arboretum and Botanical Gardens in Dallas, Texas are a definite must-see.
15. Dallas Zoo and Fort Worth Zoo – At the Dallas Zoo you can see the only Koalas in Texas, kids PreK through 8th grade can participate in summer camps and you can witness SOAR, A Festival of Flight in the Wildlife Amphitheater! The Fort Worth Zoo offers family fun and special events including summer camps, Beastro, a premier tasting and music event, and Creature Features, daily stage shows and wild encounters!
16. Collin County History Museum – As a museum dedicated to preserving the history of the North Texas settlement, the Collin County History Museum in McKinney, Texas is a fun place to take the family that offers an educational element, too.
17. McKinney Repertory Theatre – The McKinney Repertory Theatre puts on a variety of performances and offers multiple ways for aspiring actors, both young and old, to become involved and explore their talent and passion for acting.
18. Heard-Craig Center for the Arts – The Heard- Craig Center for the Arts is committed to fostering the arts through exhibits and education programs, extending meeting privileges to historic/educational clubs and preserving the Heard-Craig properties and collections.
19. Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary – Consisting of a 289-acre wildlife sanctuary and a natural science museum, the Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary offers the perfect blend of outdoor, family fun and education.
20. Fort Worth Water Gardens – The Water Gardens in Fort Worth, Texas houses a variety of water features for guests to enjoy. This outdoor, water oasis is a sight to see!
Don’t miss out on any of the fun that the DFW Metroplex has to offer this summer! With the prime location of the Craig Ranch community, there is an unlimited amount of fun right at your finger tips.
Connect with Craig Ranch on Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date on Craig Ranch community events for residents and local events in McKinney, Texas, Allen, Texas, Plano, Texas and Frisco, Texas, too!