The past year was a busy one for Craig Ranch – the McKinney Corporate Center at Craig Ranch opened, the Villas sold out, new construction projects began and much more! In this month’s Craig Ranch Telegram, developer David Craig reflects on the progresses made in 2014 and where 2015 is headed. Here’s what he had to say:
2015 should be another banner year for Craig Ranch. In fact, we will be celebrating the community’s 15th Anniversary this year! It’s hard to believe that it’s been 15 years since I closed on the very first 1,100 acre piece of land that would eventually become the award-winning, 2,200-acre master-planned community of Craig Ranch. While the national recession that hit the DFW market in 2008 and lasted until 2012 slowed us down a bit, the activity and transformation that has occurred in the last two or three years is truly amazing. From the residential construction activity that has dirt flying in every corner of Craig Ranch to the new retail, new office and new corporate campus we recently completed, Craig Ranch is thriving in every sector. As a final wrap up for 2014, consider the activity of just last year:
- The McKinney Corporate Center Craig Ranch opened a beautiful new entrance from Sam Rayburn Tollway with beautiful landscaping, a pond and additional trails that added to our miles of available trails in and around Craig Ranch.
- The Villas was sold out –Thank You K. Hovnanian Homes and Highland Homes for creating such a beautiful neighborhood!
- The Estates has extensive activity as relocating corporate executives are choosing Craig Ranch due for its signature amenities, lifestyle and location.
- New residential neighborhoods are open or underway on the north, south, east and west sides of Craig Ranch bringing beautiful new home designs to the community.
- Two builders opened new model homes in 2014: Our Country Homes in The Settlement and Landon Homes in The Fairways.
- Piazza on the Green- a new wedding venue overlooking the fairways of TPC Craig Ranch, started construction at TPC Drive and Collin McKinney.
- Moviehouse & Eatery, a premier dine-in cinema was announced in November that will bring a fun entertainment and dining experience to our community.
- McKinney Corporate Center I opened with Barclays becoming our newest corporate resident.
We’re looking forward to a busy 2015 at Craig Ranch; please pardon our construction as we continue to grow. We wish you a healthy and happy new year!